- This event has passed.
NOHVCC Partner Event: Nevada OHV Summit
November 1, 2018 - November 3, 2018
Northern Nevada Off Highway Vehicle Summit
November 1-3, 2018
The event will take place at the Bristlecone Convention Center, on November 1st & 2nd with a group ride of the local trails on Saturday November 3rd. This event is hosted by the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources in partnership with the Great Basin Institute, it is free to attend and everyone is encouraged to bring their OHVs for the Saturday ride. Breakout sessions and small group discussions will take place Friday after lunch on topics of your choice but are sure to include: securing grant funding and utilizing Avenza maps.
The OHV Summit will focus on developments in the OHV grants program, current projects around the state, responsible recreation, and local trails. Our goal for the first summit is to identify new project areas, create a collaboration between user groups and land managers, and provide education for responsible recreation.
Just a few of the exciting presentations we have lined up include:
- Jose Noriega – Ely District Ranger, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest: Trail improvements and motorized recreation opportunities happening in White Pine County; Ward Mountain and the Ranger Trail!
- John Miller – Outdoor Recreation Planner for the BLM’s Bristlecone Field Office: Opportunities for motorized recreation on BLM land in White Pine County.
- Janice Keillor & Jenny Scanland – Park and Recreation Manager, NV State Parks; OHV Program Manager, DCNR: How to apply for OHV Grants to fund improvements to your Off Road Adventure!
- Melanie Erquiaga – Executive Director of Nevada Outdoor School: Ride Safe Interactive Booth, Outdoor Ethics Road Show, ATV/OHV and Dirt Bike Safety.
- Nikhil Narkhede, Chelsea Nielsen and Holly Smith – Nevada OHV Program and the Great Basin Institute: Hands On: The Nevada Trail mapping collaborative and website! How to use it and help with downloading maps and files to your personal device
- Betsy McFarland – Executive Director, Eastern Nevada Landscape Coalition: Play Clean Go initiative, Invasive Weed Prevention
Round Table Discussions: Friday 11.2.18, Afternoon
- Silver State Trails – Learn about the current and future plan for the Silver State trail
- Trail Mapping Collaborative Workshop – Bring your GPS/Tablet/Smartphone and learn to download georeferenced maps for use offline or in remote riding areas
- OHV Grants Workshop – Put together a successful grants application based on the initiatives from the NV OHV Program
Flyer available below:
SUMMIT INVITE X
October 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm