The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) is a nonprofit public benefit organization, recognized as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Primarily funded by the Motorcycle Industry Council, Specialty Vehicle Institute of America and the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association, NOHVCC exists to create a positive future for OHV Recreation.
MissionNOHVCC, as a national body of OHV recreation enthusiasts, develops and provides a wide spectrum of programs, materials and information, or “tools”, to individuals, clubs, associations and agencies to further a positive future for responsible OHV recreation.
- Help establish new OHV clubs and state associations where they don’t already exist;
- Strengthen existing clubs and state associations by providing information, training and services to help them be more effective;
- Improve and promote responsible OHV recreation management and resource protection by working in partnership with private and public land managers and recreation planners;
- Provide and promote best management practices for OHV recreation planning, development and management to policy makers;
- Promote a positive OHV recreation image to all publics;
- Build a better understanding of responsible OHV recreation among all publics;
- Build recognition and acceptance that OHV recreation is a positive activity and promotes a responsible life style;
- Provide broad-based, ongoing educational opportunities for OHV recreationists, recreation planners and decision-makers; Provide and promote educational, safety, ethics, environmental and character-building programs for all OHV recreationists including youth; and
- Emphasize the benefits of responsible recreation behavior and raise awareness of the impacts from irresponsible recreation activity.