2016 Maryland Off-Highway Vehicle Great Trails Workshop
The National-Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), in conjunction with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources and the Maryland OHV Alliance will conduct an OHV Trails Workshop on October 24th and 25th, 2016. The 2-day workshop will consist of a classroom session on October 24th at New Germany State Park located in Grantsville, MD and a field session on October 25th at Savage River State Park.
When: October 24 - 25
New Germany State Park
349 Headquarters Lane,
Grantsville, MD 21536
Register for the workshop now using TicketLeap. There is no registration fee but advance online registration is required. The number of participants is limited, so register early. If you have problems registering, please contact our office at email@example.com or call us at 800-348-6487.
Attendees must provide their own transportation from lodging to the Monday classroom session and to the Tuesday field workshop at Savage River State Park. Field sessions will include walking to multiple trail sites so bring your best hiking shoes, rain gear, water, and other necessary gear.
You may download a copy of the workshop agenda.
Classroom sessions: New Germany State Park
- How trail systems function and provide desired experiences
- Trail Management Objectives – how they apply to trail maintenance
- Creative trail design and innovative engineering practices
- Trail maintenance techniques specific to various trail uses and conditions
- Trail reroutes
- Maximizing partnerships to leverage limited resources
- Trail construction/maintenance equipment overview – capabilities and limitations
Field sessions: Savage River State Park
- Trail maintenance techniques exercises
- Trail construction demonstrations
- Creative trail design and layout exercises
- Trail relocation exercises
- Trail design considerations for different types of OHV
All workshop participants are responsible for securing their own lodging accommodations.