Reminder! 2018 North Idaho College Off-Highway Vehicle Great Trails Workshop
The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC) in conjunction with North Idaho College Workforce Training Center, the Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation OHV Program, and the Coeur d’Alene River Ranger District of the Idaho Panhandle National Forest will be conducting an OHV Great Trails training workshop in October. The 3-day workshop will consist of classroom sessions on October 2 at the North Idaho College Workforce Training Center, 525 Clearwater Loop Post Falls, ID 83854, and field sessions on October 3-4 on the Canfield Mountain Trail System
When: October 2-4, 2018
Where: NIC Workforce Training Center
525 Clearwater Loop
Post Falls, ID 83854
Registration for the workshop will be conducted by the NIC Workforce Training Center.
Field sessions will involve walking to various sites on the trail system so bring your best hiking shoes and clothing, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellant, water, and other necessary gear. Advance online registration is required.
The workshop will focus on OHV trail maintenance, rehabilitation, improvement and relocation. Hands-on field training will be emphasized. The intended audience is trail managers; trail construction and maintenance supervisors and crews, engineering staff involved in trail planning, design, maintenance and construction; trail contractors, and trail volunteers.
Classroom sessions: NIC Workforce Training Center
- How trail systems function and provide desired experiences
- Trail Management Objectives – how to create a TMO document
- Creative trail design and innovative engineering practices
- Trail maintenance techniques specific to various trail uses and conditions
- Trail reroutes to achieve a sustainable trail
- Real world trail issue scenarios
- Trail construction/maintenance equipment overview – capabilities and limitations
Field sessions: Canfield Mountain Trail System
- Trail maintenance equipment demonstrations
- Trail maintenance techniques exercises
- Trail construction demonstrations
- Creative trail design, layout and relocation exercises
- Trail design considerations for different types of OHVs
All workshop participants are responsible for securing their own lodging accommodations.